BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy MartinLutherKing Day

Everyone is homeschooling today at my house. I will miss Sheri's kids a bunch when they hit the road again soon.
Science Fair at my school is this week. I love my science classes, and I love to see what amazing little things the kids dream up. Yesterday afternoon after Spanish church, I was cleaning up my Sunday School mess, and I heard a scruffle noise in the back of the classroom. No one was in the building but me and my hamsters and the rabbit, so I was a little nervous as to what the noise was. I don't mind rodents in the cage, but I don't want to have to deal with a random rat hiding in some hole in my room. I followed the noise and found Charlie, the white hamster with red eyes (our vampire hamster) down in the poster box again. He consistently weasles out of his cage on a weekly basis, and we find him ALWAYS trapped somewhere.
Last night I  heard Evangelist Tom Farrell preach at a sister church in my town. He preached on Psalm 51 and how David made sixteen petitions before the Lord to forgive him. David blamed no one for his sin but himself. He still had consequences to pay for his sin with Bathsheba, lying to his soldiers, etc., but he decided to truly get honest with God and put a stop to his sin.
Every now and then I catch one of my students in the very act of disobedience, and they sheepishly backtrack and start doing the right thing because I caught them. But sometimes they corner themselves in the disobedience because they are trapped....like the hamster...there is no way out. How much better it is when we acknowledge that we are under conviction and stop the sin ourselves before we find ourselves in a "no way out" situation.
Have a good day everyone!


0 comments: