BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Maddie's Still Missing... and Revival at our Place!

We are still missing a hamster in the JH Science Lab. THIS one is not my fault, but alas, one of my students admits to not closing the cage. We are hoping that, like Charlie, she is able to survive a full 7 days.
Charlie used to bite and was cantankerous. He is solid white with glowing red eyes, so I refer to him as the Vampire Hamster. However, since he went missing and was later found after 7 days with no food or water, he really seems to have had a change of heart. He no longer flinches when the kids reach into the cage for him. He enjoys the hamster wheel on the edge of one student's desk while I teach, and every 5 minutes gets to enjoy another kiddo. He is almost docile, and I wonder if the experience didn't traumatize him.
We are in a very happening and spiritual Revival at our church and school with Dr. Tom Farrell and his evangelistic team. Last night I listened to him thoroughly explain WHY we cannot reap blessings from works that we do if we are not filled with the Holy Spirit. Simply put, our hard work of living for the Lord, going soulwinning, trying to live right, being a good testimony, making right choices.......ALL of it.... there is no special reaping if we are not filled with the Holy Spirit when we do it. God CAN and DOES bless His Word when it is given out, but there is no blessing for us personally. I literally melted in my seat after I thought about how many times.....many, many times I have passed through a day without asking for the Holy Spirit's filling and power in my life. I wonder how many extras I've missed because I treated each day like a regular day and let happen what may happen.
Sometimes, like Charlie the hamster, we have to "starve" for a while and realize what a Magnificent and Holy God we have the opportunity to serve and walk with every day. Then our lives will be different. People will know when they are in our presence that we truly walk with God. We won't snap and bite at people; we repair and fix. Instead of getting offended at every other word, we respond with understanding and forgiveness.

Sounds silly, but pray that we can find Maddie before she passes behind some wall in my Science lab. :) The smell could be horrific!
Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

Mark and Sheri Edwards said...

Best post yet. Every Christian needs to remind themselves of this once and a while. Excellent.

Sherry said...

Yes, I'd be traumatized going that long without food! On a serious note, I have learned since graduating that it's not about how much you "do" for Him, but more how much you allow Him to do through you. Thanks for the reminder and I always love your critter comparisons. =)