BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 3, 2011

My Smokey and Criticism

Smokey, napping on her bed

My cat, Smokey, has been in "cat trauma" in the last couple of weeks. I'm not sure what is going on with her, but she has about licked off half of the fur on her side. She is 11 years old and was earlier diagnosed with some kind of cat mental disorder. She is strange, but she is beautiful. In my rumblings on the internet searching for an answer to her behavior, I stumbled across some information that has helped me understand my Smokey more....and understand critical people.
Cats can become depressed. We all know that. When there is a change in their environment--or another pet is introduced into his environment--it can throw them into a depression. There are little pet daycares out there to help our animals in these situations.
Also, aromatherapy is recommended, especially if your cat has been sleeping too much. A vitamin B shot will benefit him as well. The idea is to diagnose his problem, and jump on it.

"Ahhh," I thought, "her condition needs to be diagnosed."

As Christians, we are going to have dilemmas and trials come our way. When we get into sin and it starts to show up in our lives, we MUST deal with it or it grows. Bro. Hyles used to tell us, "The church is like a hospital. Hearing the preaching from the Word of God by God's man gives the cure, but it is up to you to accept the medicine and use it."

Some medicine that I learned in 1989 from my 3rd favorite preacher in the world, Bro. Jack Schaap, has OFTEN helped me when criticized. It was given in church, we took it, applied it, and it worked. From time to time, I pull out this "medicine bottle" when criticized, and trust my God that He is in control.

"What To Do When You Are Criticized" by Jack Schaap
1,  Read Psalms and Proverbs daily.
2.  Read I Peter and II Peter each evening. (I don't know why the evening.)
3.  Memorize Romans 6 and Romans 8, and personalize them.
4.  Go to sleep quoting Scripture or reliving Bible stories.
5.  Read biographies of great Christians.

Christian, hang in there. God always wins.

2 comments:

Vilisi said...

Hi Stephanie. Our cat Ginger went through a similar phase early this year and it was due to stress induced by changes in our home environment. We were building an extension to our house and there were strangers about the place. My kids also had rescued a couple of abandoned chicks at the same time and Ginger was definitely not impressed.But he is fine now and his fur has grown back.
Thanks for the tips on what to do when there is criticism. It should definitely come in handy! lol!
Blessings to you. :)

Nick said...

Sounds like Smokey is due for one heck of a fur ball soon!